Fire Department Goal and Objectives Statement
The goal of the Los Banos Fire Department and Volunteer Fire Department is to continue to provide cost effective fire protection and emergency services to the citizens of Los Banos. To improve operational efficiency and accountability, to continue moving in a positive direction providing the best possible service to the community. To continue to foster the Volunteer Fire Department providing training, camraudery and pride in their department. To support the goals, objectives and mission of the City of Los Banos.
- To continue to foster the addition of new full-time fire fighters, and to increase the number of volunteer fire fighters.
- To continue to provide quality training to enhance the proficiency, quality and safety for full-time and volunteer fire fighters.
- To continue the replacement of older apparatus and equipment. To improve preventive maintenance and operator training. To stay abreast of new changes in the fire service through training and communications.
- To continue to foster good relationships between the full-time fire fighters and the volunteer fire fighters. To continue to recruit volunteer fire fighters, and maintain a pool of qualified fire fighters for full-time positions as needed.
- To continue to pursue alternative ways to improve the level of fire protection and services within the City of Los Banos.
- To assist city administration in addressing long term funding and alternative funding in order to maintain and enhance current levels of fire protection and services.
- To continue to improve services to achieve a lower fire insurance rating (ISO) Insurance Services Office. To provide lower cost for fire insurance in the community. Currently the City has a 3 rating.